DETAILS AND FEATURES SUMMARY
MIDDLE COTTAGE, at
LLANMADOC, NORTH WEST GOWER, WALES
- Simply as good a location/position as you could ask for for a holiday break.
- Situated right in the heart of Llanmadoc, close to Cwm Ivy National Trust walks/woods, and three nature reserves. (Steep lane!)
- Helpful, relaxed, friendly, informative host guests living next door in Gower Cottage. We leave out guests get on with it unless you need something - pop in for a cuppa and a good 'natter' about Gower etc during your stay.
- Sleeps 5 in two bedrooms in comfort.
- 2 bedrooms, Three beds including: Bedroom 1 - Kingsize bed. Bedroom 2 - one single bed and one 4ft [threequarter] bed.
- Dining room with a quality table, 6 fine chairs, rocking chair, and bookcase and CD player & DAB radio.
- Two John Lewis brass tall reading lights (stem adjustable types) in lounge for the newspaper/book readers amongst our guests.
- HD (High Definition) SKY TV box (with Sky Plus Planner and full HD subscription), Blue-Ray DVD player (plays both Blue Ray and DVDs), 37" LED Flatscreen Panasonic TV, with SKY Movies and Sky Sports - relax and watch movies, F1 racing, the golf, rugby football, tennis or cricket - you're on holiday! Also ESPN Sports HD subscription Sports.
- Your own BT bespoke WIFI broadband on site. (Bring the laptop) Password in guest pack.
- Master Bedroom also has Toshiba TV with freeview and in-built DVD player (as well as DAB radio alarm).
- Flagstone floor yellow cream stone. (With some rugs to soften the flooring up).
- Downstairs bathroom, with electric shower over (new steel enamel) bath, sink and WC. (also includes asher/dryer).
- Worcester/Bosch Heatstar Greenslave 18/25 Combi Boiler Central Heating system (fitted spring 2008) hence constant hot water for nice candle lit bath after a long day walking! Heat the cottage as much as you like!
- New 6ft high Hotpoint frost free larder fridge / freezer (three large freezer compartments).
- 900mm wide CAPLE Gas six burner stainless steel cooker, with large oven, multi-setting convection oven, and grill. (also rotisserie).
- Full size Bosch dishwasher in the kitchen.
- Hotpoint 8kg Washing Machine /seperate White Knight Tumble Dryer.
- Minor but helpful extras sych as salt/pepper, t-towels, j-cloths/wipes, towels, bedding, kitchen roll, toilet roll, cleaning liquids etc. all provided, fully inclusive.
- 7 mins walk to the local real ale pub and excellent pub food / Sunday lunches
- 20-35mins walking distance to the beach/woods depending how fast you walk. STEEP LANE!
- Middle Cottage has some limited views of the sea from bedrooms.
- Only 10-12 mins drive to other beaches at Port Eynon or Horton, Oxwich Bay or Llangennith (great surfing), 15 mins to Three Cliffs Bay or 20 mins by car to Caswell, Langland.
- Quality bed linen provided
- Available to let all year round - 12 months and short breaks / weekends
- Short breaks for 3/4 nights available Nov-Feb incl. (Either Sat-Tues or Tues to Sat)
- Arrivals after 4pm, departures 10.30am
- Sorry but no smoking
- All in one Hotpoint 8kg Washer/dryer, Bosch fullsize dishwasher
- Two further bespoke tumble dryers in garage.
- Quality microwave oven, ceramic 4 plate hob, CAPLE electric oven/grill,
- Ironing board and iron, hairdryers
- Quality Le Creuset pots and pans and decent "Denby Merlot" & "Denby Calm" crockery
- Electric/gas, cleaning materials/toilet roll etc obviously included in the price
- Lounge sits 5-6 comfortably on three brown or cream leather sofas
- Gas BBQ on rear sun patio (free gas bottles provided as well as free logs - no penny pinching here!)
- Parking at the rear of the cottage in drive for at least 2 cars
- 2 mins walk out of back gate to the Village shop, 10 mins drive to Knelston petrol station and bakery/shop/PO.
Two bedroomed mid link early victorian cottage on idyllic village green.
5 mins stroll to pub.
Consists of :-
Multi-fuel log-burner with free logs
Full combi-central heating (Worcester Bosch boiler - fully serviced and unlimited heating and hot water - very cosy cottage)
Sky TV (Sky Plus HD) on a 37inch widescreen LED Panasonic TV. with Sports and Movies and with Premier Sports (was ESDN)
WIFI (BT) Broadband Router - (free for guests - and Panasonic BD Blu-Ray DVD player
Several dozen classic films and childrens stuff on DVD
Many quality books e.g. to Kill a mocking bird, The Great Gatsby, Kidnapped, Cider with Rosie, 1984, etc and some poetry books
Landline phone for guests sensible and/or emergency use.
Two bedrooms containing three beds
Bedroom 1 - kingsize bed - with Toshiba TV and built in DVD
Bedroom 2 - 4ft bed, & single bed
All beds with DAB digital radios and bedside tables/lamps
White Enamel bath with electric shower over, plus mixer shower head
Washing machine (NB seperate dryer is in kitchen)
Full size dishwasher (Bosch)
Denby crockery / Le Creuset or Jamie Oliver Pans
Many kitchen accessories / Microwave oven
Washing machine (in bathroom cupboard)
Seperate White Knight Tumble Dryer.
CAPLE 900mm wide 6 burner dual fuel cooker, with 6 burner gas hob, and electric convection oven.
(Perfect for the Sunday roast).
Worcester Bosch condenser Combi-boiler (guests control on/off/timer) with same or next day guaranteed emergency repair service contract covered by Worcester Bosch should it ever fail.
Hotpoint frost free Fridge-freezer (very large size)
Usual stuff such as toaster and kettle, microwave, steamer, etc
DINING ROOM (11x8) cosy but large enough
Table seats 4
Farmhouse style dresser
Small CD Player and CDs
Stone fireplace (ornamental)
Understairs cupboard with storage
Rear enclosed garden with patio, table and chairs, Gas BBQ (we supply gas bottles free).
Quaint cottage front garden with 19 Century wrought iron gate and bench seat
At rear of property, in rear garden parking gravel area. Drive into rear garden entrance gate, then after parking enter into a small wooden gate into rear of property. (Unload/load at front of cottage straight into front door).
MORE INFO REGARDING PARKING
Off road parking inside our cottage boundaries is available for your car.
As a condition of staying at Middle Cottage, you are asked not to park on the front road other than for loading and unloading - because of the need for buses to undertake three-point turns.
Please park at the rear after unloading. There is space for one car in the rear driveway (the gravelled area at top of rear garden). Please let us know in advance if you intend to bring two cars.
Please park either in front of the white garage doors (right hand side garage) or to the right as you turn into the rear parking area.
You may park for short periods (up to 20 minutes) at the front e.g. to unload, load up, etc. The local bus runs (arrives) once an hour onto the village green, from 7.10am until 11.10pm, daily.
Please be careful to ensure you DO NOT park beyond the gravelled area towards the softer lawned garden area within the rear garden (beyond the gravelled area) as this is boggy and you are likely to get stuck.
If you prefer bed and breakfast try our friends at http://www.bedandbreakfastgowerpeninsula.com